Santa Ana is in Southern California, next to the Santa Ana River, about 10 miles away from the California coast. Santa Ana is a very densely populated city, with almost 18 million residents. Santa Ana lends its name to the Santa Ana Freeway (I-5), which runs through the city. It also shares its name with the nearby Santa Ana Mountains, and the Santa Ana winds, which have historically fueled seasonal wildfires throughout Southern California. If you plan to drive in and around the city, make sure you look at all the options for cheap car insurance Santa Ana has available. Keep yourself and your family protected by reviewing your car insurance policy every six months. Discounts and options change regularly, so make sure you are getting the most value for your money.
Santa Ana Insurance Requirements
All California state residents are legally required to have basic liability insurance in the following limits:
- $5,000 of property damage liability per incident
- $15,000 of bodily injury liability per person
- $30,000 of bodily injury liability per incident
The minimum coverage may be all the law requires, but most people living in highly populated urban areas choose to carry more coverage. This will help protect your savings, especially if you plan to do a lot of driving in Santa Ana. Consider adding these options.
- Towing and labor
- Rental reimbursement
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury
Public Transportation in Santa Ana
Santa Ana is in the preliminary stages of implementing a street car system that will connect the Santa Ana Train station to Downtown Santa Ana. In the meantime, there are still plenty of public transportation choices in Santa Ana:
- Santa Ana Regional Transportation Center). Greyhound USA is the largest bus transportation service in Santa Ana. Greyhound serves the continental United States and Canada. The bus lines Crucero, Intercalifornias, and others serve all points into Mexico.
- Metrolink’s Orange County Line (Oceanside to Union Station)
- Inland Empire-Orange County Line (San Bernardino to San Juan Capistrano).
- Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA).