As one of the most historic cities in California, Sacramento has many iconic sites that attract thousands of visitors all year long. The city is the home of the State Capitol, as well as many other government agencies. Visual and performing arts, Universities, museums, and some of the best restaurants in the country, make this city one of the best places to live or visit. It also makes it a traffic and accident mecca, so make sure you are prepared for everything. Take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Sacramento has available. It is also a good idea to review your car insurance policy every six months to keep up on all the latest discounts and new coverage choices.
Mandatory Insurance In Sacramento
All California state residents are legally required to have basic liability insurance in the following limits:
- $5,000 of property damage liability per incident
- $30,000 of bodily injury liability per incident
- $15,000 of bodily injury liability per person
Living in Sacramento means you will need more than just basic coverage. Liability does not cover stolen cars or damage from falling trees. It is a good idea to make these options a priority:
- Towing and labor
- Rental reimbursement
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury
Sacramento Public Transportation
The Sacramento region has plenty of public transportation options, and taking advantage of them is one of the best ways to save mileage on your car, and money on your car insurance. Interstate 80 Business 80 (the Capital City Freeway), U.S. Highway 50, and Interstate 5 all provide easy access to traversing Sacramento. Here are some options for public transportation in Sacramento:
- Sacramento Regional Transit (RT) offers multiples routes and schedules, visit the SacRT page for more information.
- Greyhound also offers bus services in and out of Sacramento. To find schedules and routes, visit the Greyhound page.
- Amtrak rail lines deliver services to Sacramento Intermodal Station. Visit the Amtrak page to find and schedule your tickets.
- ZipCar is currently featured in Sacramento. Multiple points of access are available throughout the downtown grid for ZipCar rentals. Visit their search page to find a car available near you.