Riverside is the most populous city in the Inland Empire as well as Riverside County, and is located approximately 60 miles east of Los Angeles. It is also part of the Greater Los Angeles area. Riverside is the 59th most populous city in the United States and 12th most populous city in California. The University of California, Riverside, is located in the northeastern part of the city. The city also has other popular attractions, including the Fox Performing Arts Center, Riverside Metropolitan Museum, the California Museum of Photography, and the California Citrus State Historic Park. Riverside is served by three major freeways, the I-215, the State Route 60, and the State Route 91, which are all notorious for traffic congestion and accidents. If you will be traveling these highways, make sure to check out all the options for cheap car insurance Riverside has available.
Riverside Insurance Requirements
Just like the rest of California, Riverside residents are legally required to have basic liability insurance in the following limits:
- $5,000 of property damage liability per incident
- $15,000 of bodily injury liability per person
- $30,000 of bodily injury liability per incident
The minimum coverage may be all the law requires, but living in a busy city like Riverside should have residents considering more than just the minimum. It is also important to remember that there are a lot of uninsured motorists driving in California.
- Rental reimbursement
- Towing and labor
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury
Public Transportation in Riverside
Using public transportation or carpooling are two of the best ways to save money on your car insurance. When you don’t drive your car, there is less mileage and wear and tear, which translates to cheaper insurance.
- Riverside is located just 20 miles from Ontario International Airport (ONT),offering large airport amenities with small airport convenience.
- The city is also served by Los Angeles International Airport – LAX (50 miles), John Wayne Airport, Orange County – SNA (40 miles), Long Beach Airport – LGB (45 miles) and Palm Spring International Airport – PSP (50 miles).
- Riverside is also served by Uber, Lyft, Metrolink, Amtrak, Super Shuttle, limousines, and taxi services.