Cheap SR22 Insurance Los Angeles

Start My SR22 Quote

cheap sr22 los angelesTwo things come to mind when we think of Los Angeles: Movie stars, and traffic! If you live or visit L.A. you might not see a movie star, but you will definitely experience prime time traffic congestion. The uninsured motorist rate in Los Angeles is higher than the rest of the state, and there is a strong police presence and frequent DUI checkpoints. If you live in L.A., and find your drivers license suspended or revoked, you should explore all the options for cheap SR22 insurance Los Angeles has to offer.


Who Needs An SR22?

SR22 documentation is “proof of financial responsibility” for drivers who have had their licenses revoked or suspended for any number of reasons, including:

  • DUIs.
  • Excessive violations within a certain time frame.
  • Driving without insurance.
  • Outstanding traffic or parking fines.
  • At-fault accidents while uninsured.
  • Reckless driving.

All About SR22 Insurance?

  • Because SR-22s are primarily linked with serious violations, purchasing and filing an SR-22 is not as simple as sending a standard proof of auto insurance to your DMV. First you will  need to contact your car insurance company to inform them of your need for an SR-22 certificate of financial responsibility. If you don’t have an insurance company, shop around to find one who will work with you.
  • Once you’ve found a company to insure you, you will need to have them file the SR-22 with the California DMV . You cannot file an SR-22 on your own. An SR-22 is meant to be certified proof that you have and will continue to have the legally mandated required car insurance limits.
  • Drivers in Los Angeles and throughout the state of California must carry proof of SR22 if their drivers license is suspended – for a minimum of three years, or longer depending on the violation.
  • If your auto policy cancels for any reason (non-payment, non-renewal, etc.) the DMV will be electronically notified and, in most cases, your license will be suspended again. This is a problem because then you will have to start your 3 year term over again.