The Best Rates On Car Insurance Revealed
Have you ever wondered how people find cheap car insurance in California?
Are you feeling like you could have a better insurance policy?
With over 26 million insured drivers in the state of California, it’s no wonder everyone is looking for a deal.
There are a few ways to go about getting the best rates.
One of the best ways to find that cheap insurance you have been waiting for is to talk with a broker.
These professionals understand the insurance industry.
They are connected to dozens of insurance companies. These insurance companies want you as their client. If you are considered a “high-risk” driver, you may end up paying more for you car insurance.
The More You Know, The Better…
Another way is to do your own research.
By reading blogs and getting examples of insurance rates from multiple insurance sites, you may be on your way to saving more than just pennies.
Do you really want to know what’s going on in the insurance world?
You should first educate yourself on what kinds of insurance you will need.
If you have a loan out on your vehicle, you will need to carry full coverage. You won’t get away with just the minimum state requirements.
Maybe your car is older. You only need the minimum amount of insurance to safely drive on the roads.
- Car insurance is not the only thing mandatory in the golden state. You must also register your vehicle and pay an annual fee for this. Having a valid drivers license when out on the road is a must! If you are pulled over and do not have these documents, your car could be taken from you and your license revoked. California is a busy state. These laws are put into place to keep drivers safe out on the road.
Here is what that amount looks like in California:
- The required liability limits for Auto Insurance are $15,000 per person / $30,000 per occurrence
- Bodily Injury liability and $5000 for Property Damage Liability
- Basic California liability for Autos provides no coverage for your vehicle if you are at fault, or if your vehicle is stolen.
- There are many more options for coverage such as Uninsured Motorist coverage, Collision and Comprehensive coverage.
- Many people choose to carry roadside assistance as well!
Now that you are familiar with what is expected in the golden state, you should look into your own personal needs.
Start with understanding how much you will need to budget for.
Maybe you are shopping around for car insurance before you decide on what kind of car to purchase.
This is a smart idea because the type of vehicle you buy can change your policy rates.
We went on a search for the best car insurance rates in California!
Here are some of the examples we found:
We were able to break down some real quotes and demographics from all over the state.
This means that females and males from all over the state have shown us what rates to expect depending on their zip code.
Getting these quotes is simple, and anyone can have an estimate within minutes.
You usually need your zip code, type of vehicle, age, and mileage you intend to drive for the year.
Get your information ready and find quotes from multiple sites.
This way you can shop and compare.
Here are a list of real quotes that you might be interested in learning about.
- Our first driver is a female who is 26 years old. She drives a 2016 Kia Optima and travels 15 thousand miles a year on average. This particular driver has never been in an accident and has been consistently insured for the past 7 years. She lives in San Fransisco and needs full coverage on her car. Unfortunately, getting car insurance in San Fransisco means paying one of the highest rates of car insurance in the state.
- This real quote we obtained revealed that this female driver will pay $1,716 a year for coverage on her car. This is a payment of $143 a month. Most of the time you can save money on your insurance by paying one lump payment instead of monthly payments.
- She can also save by lumping her car insurance and homeowners insurance together. This is called bundling, and insurance companies encourage you to bundle with them. There are incentives for those who have multiple policies with one insurance company.
- We also checked for this same female driver but put her in two other locations to show how the costs vary depending on where one lives.
- You can get your very own quote from websites like The General. Or contact a broker from Direct Cheap Insurance today. Search for the best rates and discounts in your area.
- San Francisco is not the most populated city in California, but it can be the most congested when it comes to traffic. This can have a huge impact on your rates.
- When searching for the same female driver in Los Angeles, we realized her rates did not drop that significantly. Having the best car insurance in Los Angeles means really doing your research. This is mainly due to the population of L.A. and how many drivers are on the road. The more traffic, the more dangerous it is to drive. Therefore, insurance companies keep rates higher as they are taking a bigger risk on you as a driver.
- This same female driver paid $1,698 a year for car insurance. This is a savings of only $18 a year. She may be able to save money if she commutes less or pays off her vehicle sooner.
- We were able to find the above real quote from thegeneral.com. This is a great resource to understand more about car insurance on a budget. Get your own quote now if you live in the Los Angeles area and feel better about your expenses.
- When we took this female driver to San Diego, the price dropped a bit. Getting car insurance in San Diego is usually less expensive. The best rates we found out of these three cities were in San Diego. This same female driver will end up paying an average of $1589 a year living in the sunny San Diego area. This means that monthly she will have a premium of $132.4 a month.
- The premium for your car insurance does depend on the deductible that you choose. You can save money on your premium by increasing your deductible.
- When you get your real quotes, make sure you take into account what discounts you may be able to apply for. The best way to do this is to ask a broker to help you through the process.
- As you can see, the least congested city here was the cheapest.
Now let’s move on to a male driver in the state of California.
We already know that the three large cities listed above won’t save you much money.
This is why you may need to contact a broker for more ideas on how to save.
We went on a search for the best way to show how much you can save when getting cheap insurance in California.
- Our male driver is a single 35 year old. He drives a 2015 Audi A4 and puts about 16 thousand miles a year on his car. This driver has never had an accident and has been insured for the past 15 years. He lives in San Jose and commutes throughout the silicon valley. As we all know, San Jose is part of the Bay Area and people who live there see their fair share of traffic.
- When getting a real quote with this male driver as an example we were able to find a pretty reasonable rate. Most of the time, men are charged more from insurance companies. This is because statistically they get in more accidents than women. Getting car insurance in San Jose means doing your research.
Save More Today…
- Our male driver was quoted to spend $1613 a year on car insurance for his Audi. This means full coverage which includes Collision and Comprehensive. His monthly payment will be $134 a month. If this same driver paid off his loan on his car, he would pay under $100 a month for the minimum amount of car insurance.
- Sometimes the type of car you drive can have an influence over your coverage amount. The larger the engine and the faster the car, the more you will pay.
- You can get your own quote today and have a much better idea of what you will be expected to pay for car insurance.
We took our same male driver from San Jose and moved him to a less crowded area.
Santa Barbara has traffic, yes. But it also has less people on the road than San Jose.
- The best part about having insurance coverage for as long as this male driver has (15 years) is that you gain a good reputation. Insurance companies want to see someone who has been loyal and not had accidents. This may be one reason why this driver is getting good deals on his insurance. Having a sports car type vehicle doesn’t help him.
- When living in Santa Barbara, this driver will be expected to pay around $1550 a year for his car insurance. This is a monthly premium of $129 a month! That is a pretty good deal considering the type of car he drives.
- Needing full coverage on your car definitely makes rates higher. Getting the quote you really want, means logging on to The General or other quote generator.
- Get your own quote today! Get the car insurance in Santa Barbara you can count on.
The last quote we were able to obtain for a male driver was in Riverside.
This city is located East of Los Angeles in Riverside County.
Having car insurance in Riverside is a must because having a car is crucial here.
Most people commute in this city.
Whether they commute into Los Angeles or just around town, most people depend on their cars for their livelyhood.
- Our same male driver now lives in a high commute area. There are more residents in Riverside than in Santa Barbara. His annual payment to an insurance company came out to be $1,579. This means that every month he will pay $131.50.
- If he were to pay off his Audi, that price could drop in half! Having full coverage on your car will always mean paying more to the insurance company.
Simple Things You Should Know About Car Insurance
First of all, you need to know what is required in your state.
We already went over California’s expectations for drivers earlier.
But what are some different options for insurance?
What does full coverage mean?
Here are the types if coverages you can count on when you search for your real quote online:
- Collision- this basically covers you and your own car if you are in an accident. You could also be reimbursed for the whole sum of your car if it is totaled.
- Comprehensive coverage- this type of coverage covers theft and any other damages to your vehicle that are not sustained in an accident. If you live in a high-volume area and park your car on the street, this sort of coverage may be a good idea. You can also purchase more insurance that covers your valuables being stolen from inside your car.
More insurance coverage:
- Towing and Roadside Assistance- we have all been there- stranded and we need a tow. This insurance coverage can be helpful for everyone. You may be able to purchase 24- hour emergency services as well.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage- you may not believe it, but people drive around without car insurance. If you are hit by one of these people, you can still be covered if you have Uninsured Motorist coverage. Trust me, it happens more than you might think.
- Almost 23% of all drivers are uninsured or not properly insured. This means that a quarter of the drivers on California roads should not be there. This puts you at more risk. Uninsured Motorist coverage is highly recommended even if your car is paid in full.
When you search for an online quote, remember that it may not be taking into account the discounts you qualify for.
This is one reason why talking with a broker can be helpful.
A few discounts that may help you lower your costs are:
- Discounts for safety courses taken
- Marital discounts
- Good driver discounts
- Multi-car discounts
- Multi-policy discounts
- Association discounts
- Education discounts
- Occupation discounts
- Excess vehicle discounts
- Mileage discounts
- And many more!
The best way to get ahold of the real quotes that California drivers need is to go to cites like The General and fill in your information.
Looking at statistics in your zip code is another great strategy.
Getting ahold of a broker is easy and reliable.
The best part about researching your auto insurance rates in California, is that you get to be apart of the process.
Unlike many other states, California has over 20 million drivers out on the road.
That means you need coverage you can count on.
Get your own quote today and save tomorrow!